Разделы сайта
Главная
Монастырь
Серафим Саровский
Саров
Новости
Даты
Фотогалереи
Видео
Книги
Ссылки
Контакты
English
Новости
Все новости
@sarov_monastery

Поиск в Интернете
Google
Пользовательского
поиска
Обмен баннерами
Если Вам понравился сайт, предлагаем установить наш баннер

Саровская пустынь

Your are welcome to the web-site of
Holy Dormition man's monastery Sarovskaya Pustyn'
.

Sarov monastery was founded at the beginning of a XVII-th century in the north of the Tambov province in Temnikovsky district (nowadays Sarov city in Nizhniy Novgorod region). Sarov monastery is known as a place where St. Seraphim of Sarov, one of the most beloved Orthodox saints, was living.

The founder of Sarov monastery is priest Ioann (in the world Ivan Fedorovich Popov, the son of the clerk of Red village of Arzamas district). Consecration of the first temple in the Sarov monastery was made on June 16th, 1706. This day is considered to be the date of the monastery's foundation.



The community of Sarov monastery in 1733 was near 36 persons. In 1744 the first stone temple – Assumption church was built and consecrated. In 1752 the stone Church of Ioann Predtecha over a spring at the foot of a hill was constructed. In 1758 the stone building of Holy Spring church was constructed. Also by this year the stone walls, two corner towers and a sacred gate were constructed.

Sarov monastery in 1764 (from аncient engraving):

The Dormition Cathedral was the main pride and beauty of Sarov monastery. Its external view had similarity to the Kievo-Pechersky Dormition Cathedral. It has been consecrated in 1777. In 1784 the stone Temple of Saints Zosima and Savvaty has been constructed.



In 1789 building of monastery's bell tower has begun (building is finished in 1799). Somewhere from 1825 Sarov monastery became place of the all-Russian pilgrimage. One of the most esteemed among Orthodox saints, St. Seraphim of Sarov, was living here from 1778 until his pass away in 1833.



Sacred Ioann Predtecha's temple has been constructed in 1827. The building of monastery's dining room has been constructed in 1828 . In 1861 the chapel has been arranged over the tomb of father Seraphim. In 1864 building of Holy Spring temple has been finished.



In 1878 for premise of pilgrims who were visiting Sarov monastery the stone two-floors building is constructed.



In 1897 the building of Seraphim of Sarov temple is started, and consecrated in 1903 during glorification of Saint Seraphim.

Sarov monastery at the beginning of XX century. View from the bell tower:



In 1927 Sarov monastery was closed. Since 1952 Sarov has status of the city.

Since 1992 returning of monastery's buildings back under church conduction has begun. In 2006 the Sacred Synod of Russian Orthodox church has made the decision on renewal of monastic life in Sarov monastery.



More about history of Sarov monastery - in Dates section of this web-site (in Russian). More pictures - in Photo section (in Russian).

Some more info in English:
Buy Books





Серафим Саровский
300 лет Саровской пустыни
Саровская пустынь - 300 лет

28 июля - 1 августа 2006 года
Православный календарь
Главная | Монастырь | Саров | Серафим Саровский | Новости | Даты | Фото | Видео | Книги | Ссылки | Контакты | English
Copyright © 2009-2014 Свято-Успенский мужской монастырь "Саровская пустынь". Все права защищены. Неофициальный сайт.
Официальный сайт Русской Православной Церкви / Патриархия.ru Официальный сайт Нижегородской епархии Свято-Троицкий Серафимо-Дивеевский женский монастырь Серафим Саровский Православное христианство.ru Rambler's Top100 Рейтинг@Mail.ru